Monday, January 30, 2012

DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER!


This post is in honor of everyone I might have judged before I really knew them.
 First of all I'll give you a little history I work 2 jobs and my part time weekend job at the Hilton (I used to be full time while I was in college). Now I just work on the weekends there and I must admit that they have a HUGE turnover rate. I know it is a front line job so it is difficult to keep people especially because most are college students and graduate and move on. However, it is hard to constantly have new people you work with every weekend and even harder to try to get to know them on a personal level. I have been recently lucky that the group of coworkers at the hotel front desk now has been kind of steady and I have been able to get to know my coworkers on a personal level and consider them friends. On of my coworkers in formed me this past weekend that my first impression I gave off was a little RUDE (which I do appreciate the honesty dispite how it may have hurt my feelings) . I guess the way I have felt for so long there is that once I have been there since 2005 even if I'm only part time now ! I know all the managers well I take care of my job and at the end of the day I do my best. So maybe I am a little cocky because I have been there a while and feel I could do the job with my eyes closed. But it did make me take a step back and really look at myself and my attitude. I know I am an extremely loving person and wonderful friend but I guess I need to make sure my attitude matches that especially with first impressions!  It was good to be reminded that you only have 1 shot at making a first impression! So I am very thankful for my hotel coworkers for remidning me not to judge a book by its cover ! To my hotel coworkers THANK YOU for opening my eyes and reminding me of this I'm glad I can now call you my friend!


No comments:

Post a Comment