Monday, January 23, 2012

OH.... the offshore life!


Well this subject of the offshore life is a little bitter sweet for me personally. My boyfriend the love of my life works offshore which means hes away way more than I  would ever like him to be. Lets go back in time when I was in high school and college I used to always say I will NEVER date a guy who worked offshore. I watched my friends who did it and the stress that they went through was just too much for me. Think about it for a second it is like you only get that person 1/2 the time and that's if you are lucky. ( Some of you may think this sounds wonderful but trust me its not!) Well God has a sense of humor as my mom would say ... Who did I fall in love with but a guy who works offshore. Not only does he work offshore but he is currently on call 24/7.

Right now what we are currently facing as a couple is he is overseas in another country working. This recently happened and even though I knew for about a month now that is was going to happen at some point does not make accepting it any easier. As anyone who has ever been in a relationship you know there are times you just got to be strong suck it up and smile. Getting upset doesn't help either one of you and it sure doesn't change whats bound to happen so you smile and look for all the positive aspects of the offshore world that I have become unwillingly a part of. So on that note below is my top 5 pros and cons of working offshore.

PRO
1. I live in south Louisiana and offshore jobs are good jobs
2. Growth potential
3. Job Security
4.  Good Money
5. Beautiful Sunsets ( like the picture above)

CONS
1. Being away
2. On call 24/7
3. Holidays away
4. Safety
5. Stressful job

No comments:

Post a Comment